A Sinner Saved by Grace?

Reading time: 1 minute

Am I a sinner saved by grace, as many Christians claim? It’s true, I once was a sinner, but I was saved by God’s grace and now I’m his child. The Bible calls me a saint, so I’m no longer a sinner. As Holy Spirit works in me, I’m becoming increasingly like Jesus, which is incomprehensible.

I’m cooperating with Holy Spirit and deliberately transforming my mind, conforming to God’s way of thinking as revealed in the Bible. As a result, my thoughts, intellect, imagination and motivations are becoming more like his so I can do what he destined me to do in a way that honors him.

I still sin, but that doesn’t make me a sinner, any more than a sinner becomes a child of God by doing good works. Rather, I confess my sin, accept his forgiveness and continue working with Holy Spirit to become the person God intends.

Find other miscellaneous articles

9 Comments

1. I believe the work of grace is the Holy Spirit. Why do I write it? Saved by grace Ephesians 2 vs 8-9. Saved by the Spirit John 3 v 5. So, they are interchangeable.

2. You got it bro

3. Good post! I read your blog often and you always post excellent content. I posted this article on Facebook and my followers like it. Thanks for writing this!

4. Amen…Glory to God! The truth will make us free! I am grateful for the Blood of Jesus Christ that redeemed me when I was lost in sin and believed the lies of devil and the world.

5. Bingo Bro!!

6. I am grateful to God that the blood of Jesus the Son redeemed me from my sinful state. Yes it was God’s grace and mercy that enabled me to be His child. And continually walking and guided by His Holy Spirit I am renewed continuosly by the Word and transformation of my mind,will ,emotions and being to grow to become like Jesus more and more. I continue to confess my sins and move on in my daily walk and witness for Him. Glory be to The Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit. Amen

7. When taking care of my aged mother, I found that God’s Grace was the power to do what was needed even when I though I could not. Even now I find His grace is sufficient for me.

8. Amen and AMEN! I once was a sinner, but I was saved by God’s grace and now I’m His child. I was so thankful that my spiritual Mom pointed this out to me years ago! We can’t always go with what we hear others saying, even Christians say, all the time! There is life and death in the power of the tongue, so I speak life and not death, and I am a child of God! Hallelujah!!! Thanks for your post, Brother Larry!

9. Loved the post. Great reminder and also encouraging for believers who might “mess up” at times. Often, we make the choice to take on guilt instead of His grace if we fall. His love, grace and forgiveness is available and sufficient 24/7. It covers a multitude of “mess ups”!

Submit a Comment