Do you find it hard to serve God the way others do? How can you know what His will is for your life? Are you trying to understand why you act the way you do? Making the Transition can help you find answers to these questions and more. You’ll appreciate its relevance, practicality, and strong biblical foundation.
This workbook will help you identify the unique character God gave you, recognize the ways sin corrupted it, and work with Him to redeem it. You will discover how your spiritual gifts, personality traits, and interests equip you to fulfill your life purpose, like a specialized tool designed to perform a specific task. Doing God’s will for your life can be extremely fulfilling and rewarding.
This book will help you:
- Discover how your aptitudes, tendencies and interests work together to make you who you are.
- Recognize the effects of sin on your character.
- Learn how God can redeem your character with your help.
- Discover the best ways to use your God-given abilities at work, at home and at church.
- Create a personal strategy to develop and use your character most effectively.
- The Fundamentals
- Character Analysis
- Aptitudes, Your Spiritual Gifts
- Tendencies, Your Natural Inclinations
- Putting It Together
- This analysis will help you develop a character profile by identifying your aptitudes (or spiritual gifts), tendencies and interests. You may use this as a stand-alone assessment or as supplementary
worksheets from the book, Making the Transition.
Read a Free Chapter
- paperback, 7.5″x9.25″, 270 pages
Comments from Readers
(The following are responses to the workbook after a workshop presentation.)
- “Excellent insight. I appreciate how clear and direct it was.”
- “There is a wealth of insight and new ways of looking at things.”
- “It was all worthwhile, very informative and helpful.”
- “The information was excellent.”
- “Thought I knew myself quite well after multiple personality tests, but this has taught me more.”
- “Never seen anything as thorough as this material. It ties many aspects of character studies into a useful and comprehensive package. Actually suggests ‘redemption’ opportunities.”
- “It’s well organized and different than anything I’ve seen on the subject.”
- “Very full and yet presented in an orderly way, so we could gain understanding and use it, too.”
Excerpt from Chapter 1
Each of us has character strengths that make us effective in certain areas of life and weaknesses that create problems in virtually every area of life. We struggle with our problems, which seem so deeply embedded in our nature we might wonder whether it’s even possible to overcome them. In our frustration, we might resign ourselves to living with them and conclude that’s just the way we are.
This is a workbook designed to give a biblical perspective of your character — where it came from, how it became so messed up and what you can do about it. Stated simply, God blessed you with a perfect character that sin perverted, causing your greatest strengths to become your biggest problems. Since God’s plan of redemption is as comprehensive as the effects of sin, whatever sin has destroyed or perverted, He can save and restore. Therefore, God’s plan of redemption is relevant to your character.
Our goal in this study is to help you understand yourself and what God wants you to do with your life, and why that will be the most fulfilling and rewarding thing you could do. We will identify the qualities God gave you and show how they equip you to fulfill your God-given destiny, enabling you to reach your full potential.
We will examine specific ways sin corrupted your character and specific ways God redeems it. We’ll discover that God’s plan of redemption for you is as unique as your character and that redeeming your character is a major element of God’s plan for your life. Who you are is eternal and what you do is temporal, but God uses the your temporal activities to develop your eternal nature. We will show that being godly and Christlike means something a little different for each of us, and that is good.